Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tidbit of an update for Star Trek XI

So far, it's fairly certain that Matt Damon will likely play a young James Kirk in the next Star Trek movie. Another actor is now rumored to play the young Scotty: Scottish actor James McAvoy (Mr. Tumnus in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe).

From Sci-Fi Wire:

Scottish actor James McAvoy (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) is rumored to be in line for the role of Enterprise engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in J.J. Abrams' proposed 11th Star Trek movie, British tabloid The Sunday Mail reported.

From IESB.net:

IESB.net sat down exclusively with James McAvoy to see if there was any truth to the rumor of him starring in the upcoming Star Trek movie. They will post the entire video interview tonight. Until then, here's a transcript of what he had to say about it.

IESB: James, I've heard a rumor and I need you to help me put it to rest or find out if it's true, a newpaper says you are the favorite to play Scotty in the new Star Trek film.

JM: Beam me up! (laughing)

IESB: Have you been approached and would you do it?

JM: I was approached by a Klingon (laughing) and I ran away. I was very scared, he came at me with his batleth. (laughter) I'm a very big Star Trek fan, you see, and, but, no, I couldn't possibly comment.

IESB: So you have been approached?

JM: Not in so many words.

IESB: So you would do it if you were approached?

JM: I don't know to tell you the truth, I'm a Star Trek geek, fan, fanatic, so, anything about it could make me cry. But I'm not going to, I'm saving that for the talent show.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter T Chattaway said...

How can Matt Damon play the "young James Kirk" when he is now older than William Shatner was when the character was first created? (In another year and a half, Damon will be older than Shatner was when Star Trek came to an end!)

8:50 PM  
Blogger queen_spoo said...

Don't ask me the ways of Hollywood... As I'm sure you well know, people are cast in roles that aren't even close to their real age (i.e., a 25 year old Brit who is playing a 17 year old Prince Caspian on screen who was 12/13 in the book). I figure they don't care about actual ages, as long as they get the right look.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home