Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Spock, not Kirk, in Star Trek XI

Shatner: Nimoy In Abrams' Trek

Original Star Trek star William Shatner said in a video interview on his ShatnerVision Web site that co-star Leonard Nimoy may be in J.J. Abrams' upcoming Star Trek movieā€”but that Shatner won't be.

"There's a Star Trek movie, and I called Leonard," Shatner said in the video. "I said, 'Leonard, have you heard?' He said, 'Yes, I have.' I said, 'What do you mean?' He said, 'I've read the script.' I said, 'Is it a good script?' He says, 'Yeah.' I said, 'Am I in it?' And there was a pause. He said no, and then he began to laugh. I went through the phone as I grabbed him by the throat. He's in it. I'm not in it."

It's unclear what role Nimoy may play. Abrams, who is directing the film, is expected to announce casting at Comic-Con International later this month in San Diego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home