Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mid-Atlantic Flute Fair!

I got to attend the Mid-Atlantic Flute Fair this weekend.  I participated in the Flute Choir Showcase with my church flute choir, the McLean Bible Church Flute Choir, and with the fair-wide Festival Flute Choir.  We performed in the showcase on Saturday morning, and had rehearsal for the Festival Flute Choir on Friday and Saturday evenings with a concert on Saturday night.  The keynote artist was Brad Garner and his accompianist John Steele Ritter.  I also got to see some military flautists perform in a recital.  I of course browsed the exhibit hall and bought 3 Native American flutes--a pocket flute in A, a standard flute in A, and a drone flute in A (well, that one was for hubby, but I might steal a play every now and then!).  Here are some pictures and video from the fair.  Enjoy!


Brad Garner & John Steele Ritter


Festival Flute Choir Concert


 

McLean Bible Church Flute Choir
Fair Flute Choir Showcase


Jesus You Are Worthy/Sing to the King


They Didn't Believe Me


Haydn Trio in C


Valse des Fleurs


Basse Dance from Capriol Suite

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Hartong said...

Hi Lacy! Thanks so much for putting these up! You accidentally put the Haydn up twice, though... you've got it up where you meant to put the Valse des Fleurs.

9:06 AM  
Blogger queen_spoo said...

Hi Rebecca,

You're welcome!

Oopsie..thanks for pointing out the error; I will fix tonight. :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger queen_spoo said...

'Tis fixed!

Must've copied the wrong embedding code...Oops.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Queen_Spoo,

My name is Meg Vogel and I'm a visual journalist at The Cincinnati Enquirer. I was hoping to use one of your photos for a story we are working on. Please contact me at mvogel@enquirer.com.

Thank you so much!
Meg

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home